When signing up for the SAT or ACT use Warren Harding High School Code: 365-335
Guidance Department Staff
Special Education Services
Click the links below to apply for the following Scholarships:
There are 30+ scholarships on this application. Please read and indicate which scholarships you are eligible to apply for. Deadline April 9 to Guidance.
Men's Garden Club of Youngstown--due to Guidance 2/26
The Mahoning Valley Credit Union Outreach Alliance Scholarship is now taking applications. Students only need immediate family who are members of a local credit union in good standing.
Due March 26 to Guidance.
TCESC (March 6)The following Trumbull County Educational Service Center scholarships are now open using the one attached application. All applications must be returned to Guidance by March 6.
Lee J. Brockway Scholarship (March 30, 2018) $1,000. Application must be submitted via email to the address on the application. It is intended for seniors going into engineering, construction management, architecture, facility planning, etc. There is an essay requirement. Deadline 3/30
Wolves Club (March 6) for any senior in Trumbull County showing academic proficiency (no minimum GPA). Maybe be asked to interview and demonstrate financial need. Due to Guidance March 6.
OSU Alumni scholarship (January 24) If you are planning on attending The Ohio State University, check out this scholarship opportunity. Follow the directions listed in the link above. Turn application in to guidance by January 24th.
Otterbein University Music Scholarships.The Young Artist Scholarship at Otterbein University awards $30,000 to 5 students majoring in music. An audition is required. Click on the link for more details.
Groth and Associates---July 31, 2018---$1,000. Online application with essay: Discuss difficulties or hardships you have personally overcome. www.grothlaw.com
The Community Foundation has opened their local scholarship search site. It is very comprehensive and many of the scholarships are quite specific, but there are many that our students will find themselves eligible for.
VFW Young American Patriotic Art---Students submit artwork that is patriotic in theme on paper or canvas. Submit to Guidance by March 25, 2018
Judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need. Up to $50,000 over 4 years.
Awarded to children or grandchildren of current Elks members up to $4,000. Judged on core values of the Elks National Foundation: Knowledge, Charity, Community Service, and Integrity. Online application.
Grade Level Status
For the official records, credits earned determine grade level placement. Grade level placement will be determined in the following manner:
- Freshman 4.75 credits and below
- Sophomore 5 – 10 credits
- Junior 10.25 – 16.75 credits
- Senior 17 or more credits
Warren G. Harding High School Graduation Requirements:
Graduation Requirements include the specific Credit Hours described below PLUS an assessment as also described below:
21 Total Credits:
- Four (4) credits in English
- One half (.5) credit of Health
- Four (4) credits in Math – must include 1 unit of algebra II or the equivalent of algebra II.
- One half (.5) credit of Physical Education – ½ unit requires (2) PE classes.
- Three (3) credits in Science (Physical, Biology) – Science units must include 1 unit of physical sciences, 1 unit of life sciences, and 1 unit advanced study in one or more of the following sciences: chemistry, physics, or other physical science; advanced biology or other life science; astronomy, physical geology, or other earth or space science.
- Three (3) credits in Social Studies (World Studies, U.S. History, Government) – Social Studies units must include 1 unit of American History and 1 unit of American Government.
- One half (.5) credit of Financial Literacy (embedded in American Government course)
- One (1) credit Fine Arts
- Five (5) Elective Credits
Assessment Options: End of Course Exams, ACT, SAT,or Industrial Credentialing
- End of Course Exams (5points available on each exam):
- 4 Pts from ELA I and ELA II
- 4 Pts from Algebra I and Geometry
- 10 Pts from Biology (or Physical Science for the class of 2018 only), American History, and American Government.
- 18 Total Points
- A score of 22 in Reading
- A score of 18 in English
- A score of 22 in Math
- A score of 480 in EBRW
- A score of 530 in Math
- Industry-recognized credential and score on workforce readiness test- Earn an industry-recognized credential or a group of credentials totaling 12 points and earn the required score on the WorkKeys test.