105 High Street, Warren, Ohio 44481 || Phone: 330-841-2321
The Department of Community Outreach and Grant Development is responsible for supervising and providing direct services in support of Family Involvement/Education, Prevention, and Intervention Services throughout the District. The services of School Counselors, School Community Liaisons, and the Title I Family Coordinators are managed from this Department. The Community Outreach Department works collaboratively with numerous community agencies and organizations to identify and access community-based resources in support of our children and families. Department staff provides immediate crisis management and support as needed throughout the District. A number of specific grants are managed by the department providing direct services in area such as:
- Social Emotional Learning Education PK-12- Skills for Life
- Parent and Family Engagement
- Credit Recovery for High School Students and Alternative School Programs
- Afterschool Academic Enrichment Programs, 21st Century Community Learning Centers for 6th-8th grade at Willard and Jefferson Schools.
- Violence Prevention
- College Access and Career Development Programs
- Volunteering and Foster Grandparent Program
SUPPORTING OUR FAMILIES EXPERIENCING HOMELESSNESS
Authorized under Federal law through the McKinney Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act, the Warren City Schools’ Outreach Department provides services to ensure that identified children and youth experiencing homelessness have access to a free and appropriate public education by removing barriers to homelessness. As advocates for educational rights, there are various services the program provides to assist families in transition.
For more, please click HERE.